- Provide on-site technical and clinical training, including instruments and visual read tests.
- Provide on-site customer assistance in the performance of validation studies in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations, including CLIA, CAP, COLA, and TJC.
- Work with Technical Support to provide troubleshooting support as needed which may include additional customer training.
- Independently perform account follow up to predetermine client’s needs to schedule needed services in a timely and efficient manner.
- Present professional educational programs to medical and laboratory staff as needed.
- Attend and participate in company and professional meetings, including conference and webinar calls.
- Communicate to peers’ new advances or changing trends identified in the healthcare industry.
- Assist labs in preparation for COLA/CLIA/CAP inspections; maintain and submit all documentation as required by regulatory agencies; responds to all deficiencies and requests by said agencies.
- Assist with reviewing testing personnel qualifications and training documentation for completeness.
- Assist with Proficiency Testing selection and review evaluations for discrepancies and corrective action documentation.
- Reviews current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for effectiveness and accuracy.
- Revise or write SOPs as necessary to align with changes to clinical and industry demands.
- Adhere to all appropriate aspects of the corporate compliance program.
- Support client in preparing for all aspects of clinical testing as needed.
- Work with LIS teams to assure measures are taken to meet federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Interacts in an open and cooperative manner with peers, clients, and leadership teams to create a positive work environment.
- Requires at least 50+% travel, rarely with less than a week’s notice.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology
- Registered as a Medical Technologist by ASCP, AMT, NCA etc. or registry eligible.
- A general knowledge of Laboratory Compliance and a general knowledge of the regulatory agencies CLIA, COLA, and CAP.
- Minimum of 3 years’ continuous experience as a Medical Technologist in a clinical lab environment.
- Competent in computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to teach complex subjects clearly and effectively to a diverse audience.
- Ability to work with a variety of people on multiple tasks is critical.
- Management and supervisory experience preferred.
- Proven excellence in customer service, training and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out assignments with minimal guidance in an accurate and dependable manner.